Monday, April 6, 2009

hiking 7

Hiking April 5th was ok. We had 4 people come out three of which were new and had never been hiking before. One of these three one was a young woman. So we decided to go up what we call mtn. number one the "easiest" one. Two of the other men and myself made the summit without too much difficulty but the young woman and her boyfriend didn't get past the final loose rock field that led to the summit. We caught up with them on our way down. The young woman was very cautious and going up a 500 ft. very steep rock slope wasn't in the cards for her. But she was pleased about how high she did get. The flowers were once again beautiful and the weather was great. The view of Khujand was worth the effort. This is the 4th time I've climbed this particular mtn. No hiking next week because I'm going to Istrafshan which is a town south of here about 2 hrs. at least that is what I've been told. I'm going with a colleague of mine at the unversity. Have a good week and I'll do the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment