Friday, July 17, 2009

Farewell

If all goes according to plan I will leave Tajikistan Sunday the 19th at 3 am. I'm going to the Republic of Georgia for a week to visit some old friends. Then I'll be back in Seattle July 27th in the evening.
It has been quite a ride. The students threw a farewell party for me yesterday at the A.C. Madina made a slide show for me with pictures from throughout the year. Looking at all the pictures from throughout the year just reminded me about how many friends I have made and about all the fun we had this year. More than 40 students came. Then we all went and ate ice cream at a nearby cafe. Then many students came to a local park, that is next to the river, with me. We walked around the park and we all rode on the ferris wheel it was a lot of fun and we took a lot of pictures. The park has recently been reworked. It has been a fun year.

No comments:

Post a Comment