Saturday, December 13, 2008

First of all if you haven't read my article about cotton picking I think you should do so. Just google my name and you can find it or go to www.ferghana.ru. It's an old story now but an important one.

I don't really know where to start with Tajikistan. It is a land of contrasts. Very cold in the winter and very hot in the summer, very rich people and very poor people, the people dress very nice but their country is crumblings around them, it's both old Soviet and modern day muslim. I'm constantly going back and forth between being happy and overworked and depressed and bored.
It's not easy living here for anyone. The professors at my university only make about 50 dollars and month and that is not enough to live on. My apartment alone costs 420 dollars a month , but it is an extra nice apt. that everyone compliments me on.
The people here are nice the students everyone.............

No comments:

Post a Comment