Saturday, March 7, 2009

hiking 4

We had 11 young people come out. There were 8 men and 3 women. All made it to the summit of a pretty tough new Mtn. When I first got to the foot of the Mtn. I saw a grey fox dash across the rocks about 50 m. away. We also see hawks circling patiently in the sky. There were also black slugs and when I asked one girl what the Tajiki or Russian word for slug was she didn't know. Apparently she didn't know what a slug was or had never seen one before. The Mtn. had rugged terrain which made it more dangerous and slow. But everyone made it up and back fine. It was great weather. I only needed a long sleeve t-shirt. No wind thank goodness. All the young people had a good time I'm sure. They can't wait to go again next week if I have time. One girl that came this week also came last week too. We named the Mtn. "Woman's Day Mtn." because it was Woman's Day. Every new mtn. we climb we give it a new name chosen by the students of course. We were back in the city by noon.

No comments:

Post a Comment