Sunday, March 15, 2009

hiking 5

Today it was the perfect temperature for 6 young men and I to go up our highest mountain to date. Only 4 boys summited with me though. Two boys got too tired and said it was too steep or something and stopped three quarters of the way up. We saw domestic goats up on the mtn. we also captured the biggest grasshopper I've ever seen. The little flowers are blooming now and some green plants have come up. The vegetation has come to life. The four boys that made the summit with me were very tired but happy and had a sense of accomplishment. They always say that they will never forget these experiences. It's good for them and for me. They are getting to be much better hikers. I had already done this mtn. with another boy in January but when I was on the top before it was snowing. So it was much better weather today. It was windy on top but not too cold. Last time it was snowing with a strong wind we just went to the top and went down fast. Today it was much better. Have a good week and I will too!

No comments:

Post a Comment