Sunday, February 22, 2009

hiking 2

Went hiking for the second time with the "hiking club" today. I had 10 boys/young men excluding me. Almost too many. Then 6 boys who were too late to join us came up later on their own and we met them coming down. It was cold and windy and the boys thought it was hard but they loved it. We did a more difficult Mtn. this week. Hiking club is getting too popular and I think I will have to make a sign-up sheet soon so they have to register to go with me. This is only the second week and its already too popular. Boys were better prepared this week no bowls of pasta and buckwheat. It took us about 1 hour to get to the summit we spent about 45 min. huddled behind some boulders on top to stay out of the wind and then an hour to come down. We left the library at 8 am and I was back in my apt. at 11:50 am. Not too bad. But I'm still concerned about safety and the large group. It is rough terrain with a lot of loose rocks.

No comments:

Post a Comment