Saturday, January 17, 2009

typical scene


my American friend D. originally gave me the idea for this blog as a way for students to express themselves and learn about the internet. That's why the title of the blog is "English Practice 211." D. had a lot of wonderful ideas about how to start businesses here, make money etc. I was a lot like him during my peace corps days. He had all these ideas because he was a young American.
Anyway my students have shown little to no interest in this blog so now its intended purpose has changed. I have explained to them about the blog given the address etc. I have shown them the blog at the American Corner. Now I have even put their work on the blog. But still no real interest. It just isn't important to them. They live in their little world and they have a hard time transcending it. I think in general most people are like this. people make artificial barriers for themselves and can't go beyond them. This is too bad because like D. I know the possibilities and know the stakes are high. But thinking/attitude is the hardest thing to change in people yet it is the most important. D.'s thinking was very different from most people here....

1 comment:

  1. Hi!! Your blog are very nice and more info. I hope follow my blog and please click my google ads.

    ReplyDelete